CAREERS AT BENJAMIN MARCUS HOMES
Want to join the Benjamin Marcus Homes Family?
See our current open positions below.
This position is located at Benjamin Marcus Homes, a custom home building company located in the South Hills of Pittsburgh, PA. There is growth opportunity available and a great amount of professional development and learning from on the job experience.
- High School diploma required, vocational school or trade apprenticeships a plus
- Minimum of 5+ years experience working in construction or another labor-intensive field
- Ability and experience operating a skid steer and machinery
- Valid drivers license and experience driving a 1-ton dump truck
- Ability to work in a fast-paced new residential construction environment
- Skilled in minor trim carpentry, painting touch up, and general construction trade work (for new home start and closeout work)
- Detail-oriented, organized, punctual, and motivated
- Ability to physically stand, bend, squat, and lift up to 40 lbs
- Complete all tasks in a timely and efficient manner
- A positive, quality-first attitude
- Must pass a background check and drug test
The position of Construction Laborer encompasses a wide variety of tasks which can vary depending on current need. This staff member will be responsible for job site clean up, erosion control, and moving materials/equipment manually or with heavy equipment. The CL will maintain daily clean up of the job sites, and ensure all equipment and homesites are properly secured for the night. This position will be responsible for the management of leftover materials, storage of inventory or new material orders until the point of installation, require general maintenance of construction equipment and vehicles, and performance of all duties assigned by the Construction Manager or Foreman. The CL will assist with minor carpentry tasks, painting, and punch list items.
Offer is contingent upon successful completion of a background screen.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and 2 references.
- Construction: 5 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Construction / Vocational / Trade (Preferred)
Benjamin Marcus Homes’ team is growing! If you enjoy interacting with customers and participating in real estate transactions, take pride in your organizational skills, and would like a position that has diverse responsibilities, then our new Office Administrator / Real Estate Assistant position may be for you!
This position is located at Benjamin Marcus Homes, a family owned, custom homebuilding business located in the South Hills of Pittsburgh (Southpointe).
The position of Office Administrator would serve as direct report to the VP of Sales and Marketing, and assist in all facets of the real estate transaction lifecycle. Duties would include but not be limited to: maintaining real estate transaction files and client resource management tools, contract management, coordinating meetings and client outreach, serving as a liaison between closing companies, buyers’ agents, and the BMH team, and other duties and surge support as assigned.
A strong candidate would be organized, self-motivated, and have the ability to multi-task and pick up other ad hoc responsibilities as needed, while maintaining a positive, team oriented attitude. Having a general understanding of real estate transactions, and customer service experience is a plus. Offer is contingent upon successful completion of a drug and background screen.
- Competent in Microsoft Office Suite
- 3+ years relevant prior work experience in an office setting (education can be supplemented for this requirement)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong ability to manage and complete complex administrative tasks with minimal supervision
- Detail oriented, extremely organized, and motivated
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Customer service oriented
- Associates Degree in Business, Business Administration, Sales, and Marketing, or similar field
- Successful completion of real estate coursework or work in a real estate environment
- Conduct clerical duties; Prepare and proofread documents, schedule appointments, manage files, draft letters, and send emails.
- Collect and organize data, develop reports for the VP of Sales and Marketing
- Assist in processing listings and purchase agreements
- Manage files and ensure the most up-to-date information is uploaded to company systems
- Meet and greet clients, and provide guided tours of model homes as needed
- Other tasks as assigned
- Weekend work will be required
- Must complete a successful background screen
Please include a cover letter, resume, and 3 references.
- Data Entry: 1 year (Preferred)
- Administrative: 3 years (Required)
- Customer Service: 3 years (Required)
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Driver's License (Required)