CAREERS AT BENJAMIN MARCUS HOMES
Want to join the Benjamin Marcus Homes Family?
See our current open positions below.
CADD / DRAFTSMAN (Subcontract Position - 5 years experience)
Benjamin Marcus Homes is a family-owned and operated homebuilding company, located in the South Hills of Pittsburgh. Now expanded into several different markets across the Pittsburgh area, the growth has provided an opportunity for a part-time draftsman. Are you looking to work on high-end residential designs, where you can be a critical factor in turning customers’ dreams into reality? If you have attention to detail, can work under quick-turn deadlines, then the position of CADD / Draftsman at Benjamin Marcus Homes may be for you!
BMH is pleased to announce an opening for a subcontract position as a draftsman, billable for up to 16-24 hours a week. Candidate must be experienced, reliable, have significant attention to detail, and be able to dedicate the number of hours required to meet time-sensitive deadlines.
An ideal candidate would have a minimum of 5 years experience, be proficient in AutoCad or equivalent, and provide own software and computer. This part-time position would be held onsite at the Benjamin Marcus Homes main office.
Combined residential construction experience is a plus.
- Minimum of 5+ years experience working on high-end residential designs
- Proficient in AutoCad or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Ability to work in a fast-paced new residential construction environment, while meeting tight deadlines
- Detail oriented, organized, punctual, and motivated
- Complete all tasks in a timely and efficient manner
- A positive, quality-first attitude
- Must pass a background check and sign a non-disclosure agreement
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and 2 references. Candidates will be required to provide a portfolio of work as a part of the interview process.
- Relevant: 5 years (Required)
- Drafting: 5 years (Required)
- AutoCAD: 5 years (Preferred)
- One location
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High-stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture